Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Candle logic



How to straighten a bent candle

Keep candles away from heat sources. If your candles warp, immerse them in a pan of warm water to make them pliable enough for straightening. keeping them in the fridge during the hot summer months is always a good idea.


Beeswax vs paraffin candles
 Beeswax candles tend to drip less than paraffin candles, won’t smoke, and hold their shape well during hot spells. A 12-inch beeswax candle will burn for 10 to 12 hours—several hours longer than a paraffin candle of the same size.


The debate of soy vs paraffin

Soy VS Paraffin

http://www.zionsvillecandlecompany.com/soyvsparaffin.html
Why "SOY?"

Some truths about paraffin: Have you ever wondered why when you are burning your candle, there is black soot that covers the rim of the jar? Just think about this, that soot and additional particles are traveling throughout your home, leaving traces on bedding, furniture and clean dishes. You and your family are breathing this into your lungs when this candle is burning.

Paraffin wax candles are known to have 11 toxins that are thrown into the air while burning.

No need to panic, a new option is available. Soy. If you know nothing yet about soy, don’t worry. Many people have yet to learn about this new product, so you are not alone. Soy is naturally grown and is non-toxic.

Paraffin comes from petroleum.

Imagine helping to support American Soybean Farmers and getting a safer and cleaner candle to burn throughout your home that the entire family can enjoy without pollutes filling the air.

If you or someone in your family suffer from either allergies or asthma, burning a paraffin candle can contribute to the on-set of attacks.

When I was little, my mother would lit candles in our home. I would start sneezing and having trouble breathing. A little thing that drove my mother crazy, she would leave me alone in a room with a lit candle and when she’d return she would find the candle blown out. After years of this she gave up burning candles when I was around.

Now days, I go home and find candles lit and I don’t mind as much. It came up in conversation that I wasn’t having issues with the lit candles. She told me that she had bought a candle made from ‘soy wax instead of the other wax’. So I wanted to know more.

For many years now, I had problems just walking in stores that either have things like lit candles, potpourri, or flowers, because I just couldn’t take attacks on my own body. While researching about soy, I found the following information, which turned me on to soy candles and why they are a healthier and safer choice for myself and my family.

Facing the Facts About Soy

* Soy wax, which comes from soy beans doesn't contain pollutants
* Soy is biodegradable
* There is a considerable reduction of soot emission when burning Soy wax.
* Clean up of Soy can be done by using soap and water, so containers can be reused for additional candles or other items. Spills onto clothing, tablecloths, and carpet are easier to clean off.
* There are special wicks used for Soy wax candles that don't contain lead.
* Soy wax helps support American Soy Bean Farmers
* Soy wax burns completely, paraffin usually will leave a portion of the wax at the bottom of the container.
* Soy wax burns at a cooler temperature which makes the burn time for the candle longer, so that you can enjoy your candle even more.

Soy Candle "Memory" We’ve heard that soy candles have “memories.” This struck us as funny, but it’s kind of true. Let us explain.

The first time you burn your soy candle, it will start to “pool” across the top of the candle. The candle seems to “remember” how far it pooled the first time, and will only pool the same diameter the next times you light the candle. If a candle is not allowed to pool properly, you can get the “tunnel” effect where you are left with a ton of wasted wax on the sides of the container. Also, soy candles burn at a lower temperature than paraffin candles.

Have you ever been burnt by a paraffin birthday candle? Even the tiny birthday candles can leave you with a horrible burn that hurts for weeks. Well, with soy candles the temperature is much lower. In fact, while testing several hundred candles, I had an entire shelf-load of burning soy candles fall and crash all over my body. After my employees came running to see if I was all right, did I notice that hadn’t suffered a SINGLE burn anywhere!

We would never recommend that you touch a burning candle. But we are trying to explain the differences between soy and paraffin. And since soy combusts at a lower temp, it makes sense that it should burn slower than paraffin. In fact, we’ve read studies that suggest soy candles burn up to 30 to 50% longer than comparable paraffin candles, and they’re great for the environment!

1 comment:

  1. I have been casting spells for many years and I have helped many people, I might be able to help you too. I am honest, and I genuinely care for all the clients who choose me to cast a spell for them.


    If you have any questions about Love, Money, curse, protection, bad luck, divorce, court cases, or about me please call or email me. I really want you to feel comfortable before moving forward with any spells, or other services. I will take the time to explain things to you and provide you with honest advice, to what is best for your situation. I will not pressure you into having a spell cast, I will leave that decision up to you, and when or if you decide to move forward, I might be able to help you.
    I will respect your Privacy. I will not seek to obtain any of your personal information beyond what you might voluntarily offer and all information you might give me including emails, phone numbers and photos will remain private and confidential.
    I perform my Rituals only at night between the hours of 0.00 - 0.59 (South African time) lasting 1 hour but of course, this depends on the nature of the ritual, some rituals might take hours and can also become necessary to be performed at specials places like; flowing streams, cemeteries and other places dictated by the gods.
    I do not want anyone to be under any illusions about my spells and its numerous rituals. Real and effective Voodoo is no child's play, it is expensive because, after the rituals, I will have to destroy all the materials involved by fire and the ashes scattered over a flowing stream or river.
    You will get what you seek.But please understand this might take a lot of time and that individual results may vary. contact +27663492930, greatogudugu@gmail.com

    Herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is not scam is 100% Real.

    -HPV
    -DIABETES
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    - HEPATITIS B
    -FORDYCE SPOT
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MRSA(METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -ZIKA VIRUS
    -HIV
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -PCOS
    -SHINGLES
    -VIRAL HEPATITIS/HEPATITIS B
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -TINNITUS
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...

    ReplyDelete