Thursday, May 1, 2014

Creating jams this summer

 Lately I have had the canning bug up my butt. saw these and are now on my list to do along with orange creamsicle jam, apple pie jam, carrot cake jam.

This pic is of the second recipe


Berry Yule Jam

3 cups fresh cranberries
1 medium seedless orange -- peeled, quartered
10 ounces frozen strawberry slices -- slightly thawed
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
3 ounces liquid fruit pectin - (1 pouch)

In a food processor, combine the cranberries and orange quarters; process
until coarsely chopped. Add strawberries, cloves and cinnamon; process
until mixture is finely chopped.

In a heavy large saucepan, combine fruit mixture, sugar and water until
well blended. Stirring constantly over low heat, cook two minutes.
Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Stir in liquid
pectin. Stirring constantly, bring to a rolling boil again and boil one
minute.

Remove from heat; skim off foam. Pour into jars; adjust 2 piece lids.
Hot water bath for 15 minutes.

This recipe yields about 3 pints of jam.


Another Yuletide Jam


2 ½ quarts fresh strawberries or 40 oz frozen
1 pound cranberries
5 pounds sugar
2 pouches liquid pectin

Grind strawberries and cranberries in a food processor or grinder; place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pectin and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 14 half-pints.

1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 84 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.

2 comments:

  1. These recipes look wonderful. I have added them to my collection. They will be on this year's gifts-to-give list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been casting spells for many years and I have helped many people, I might be able to help you too. I am honest, and I genuinely care for all the clients who choose me to cast a spell for them.


    If you have any questions about Love, Money, curse, protection, bad luck, divorce, court cases, or about me please call or email me. I really want you to feel comfortable before moving forward with any spells, or other services. I will take the time to explain things to you and provide you with honest advice, to what is best for your situation. I will not pressure you into having a spell cast, I will leave that decision up to you, and when or if you decide to move forward, I might be able to help you.
    I will respect your Privacy. I will not seek to obtain any of your personal information beyond what you might voluntarily offer and all information you might give me including emails, phone numbers and photos will remain private and confidential.
    I perform my Rituals only at night between the hours of 0.00 - 0.59 (South African time) lasting 1 hour but of course, this depends on the nature of the ritual, some rituals might take hours and can also become necessary to be performed at specials places like; flowing streams, cemeteries and other places dictated by the gods.
    I do not want anyone to be under any illusions about my spells and its numerous rituals. Real and effective Voodoo is no child's play, it is expensive because, after the rituals, I will have to destroy all the materials involved by fire and the ashes scattered over a flowing stream or river.
    You will get what you seek.But please understand this might take a lot of time and that individual results may vary. contact +27663492930, greatogudugu@gmail.com

    Herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is not scam is 100% Real.

    -HPV
    -DIABETES
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    - HEPATITIS B
    -FORDYCE SPOT
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MRSA(METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -ZIKA VIRUS
    -HIV
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -PCOS
    -SHINGLES
    -VIRAL HEPATITIS/HEPATITIS B
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -TINNITUS
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...

    ReplyDelete